Saturday 12 January 2013

January is CROCHET month!

I am determined to get my stash of double knitting  yarn down to a sensible level before I buy any more!  So I decided that I should crochet pet blankets for the RSPCA.  Well here are my first three!


Tinkerbelle is learning how to crochet - she likes to help with the yarn


One of the girls at Crochet club was making something using long stitch crochet and I remembered I had a jumper pattern from many years ago made with this stitch and had a go on this little blankie.

I used lots of small balls of yarn for this blankie and a ball of green for around the edge.

Close up

This is my favourite - same stitch as the first one I showed you, it is apparently called spike stitch and there are tutorials on line.  I decided to used white (as I seemed to have a lot of white yarn) with a different colour for each other row.  I did approximately pastel and bright on alternate rows, with a white border.

close up

even closer... actually this is far too nice to be a pet blanket and I might keep it to snuggle under myself!
And I STILL have a lot of double knitting yarn left - watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment